3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ¾ cup Pinot Grigio or other white wine
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ cup heavy cream (38%)
Salt to taste 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground black pepper ¾ cup basil pesto
1 onion chopped 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
3 cloves garlic, minced 3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp butter 3 plum tomatoes, diced
1 ¼ cups sliced button mushrooms 2 cups fusilli pasta
Makes 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F
- Brush chicken breast with 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken cool, then slice and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions until tender and translucent.
- Stir in garlic, butter and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are soft. About 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and add wine. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in cream and parmesan cheese and cook until melted.
- Add in pesto and simmer for 5 minutes
- Dissolve flour in water and then stir into pesto/cheese/cream mixture.
- Add tomatoes and chicken and cook for 4 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente (Your taste)
- Drain pasta. Toss pasta with sauce until evenly coated and serve